A unique travel academy in South Africa
Do you want to experience a practical, hands-on approach for a life of travel?
Then our Intern Academy is for you!
Bookings are re-opening on 3 January 2021 – 2 January 2022.
Due to Covid-19, we have reduced our 50% booking deposit by USD $650.00.
If a booking date has to move due to Covid19, – no problem! There will be no additional costs incurred.
Click here to read our Covid 19 Protocols.
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE?
- Our accredited and award-winning SA Pro Photographers and industry leaders provide tutoring and mentorship throughout the program.
- We are located in the picture perfect Cape Whale Coast on the South Coast of South Africa, only 115km from Cape Town, with breathtaking scenery, beautiful ocean and marine life on our doorstep, as well as award winning wine farms and tranquil landscapes.
- We are backed by leading brands and have seven years experience in teaching photography. We are also well versed in the tourism industry.
- We cater for all skills levels and all ages.
- We start a new program every second week and include accommodation and meals that will suit you!
AS AN INTERN YOU WILL GET TO:
- Live in one of South Africa’s most beautiful and exciting coastal areas with unique marine life and spectacular canvasses.
- Live in our Intern House where you will get to meet other creative and passionate intern photographers from all over the world.
- Work alongside and be tutored by Accredited SA Pro Photographers.
- Explore multiple different canvasses and locations including land-based and sea-based settings.
- Enhance your skills.
- Meet local people and learn more about our culture.
HOW DOES THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM WORK?
- We offer transfers Cape Town International Airport every second Sunday, which is the beginning and end of each program.
- Our 2-Week Program is designed to cover an incredible variety of photography, under the African Skies.
- You have one module a day (below), Monday to Friday. The order of modules is determined by the weather.
- Each module includes: attending workshops, taking photographs, processing and working on your portfolio.
- The weekends are time on your own to travel, catch up on your portfolio or explore the area.
- Should you wish to stay for 4-Weeks, you will have a unique opportunity to improve your skills to a deeper level under close guidance of an instructor. All back-to-back modules will offer different locations, therefore different canvasses to shoot.
Our 2-Week Program is USD $2250.00 per person.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- A booking manager to assist you through the booking process, ensuring safe and easy travel from your country to ours
- Shared accommodation in the Intern Houses with weekly cleaning
- All linen and towels with weekly washing of these
- Breakfast and lunch daily. A welcome and farewell dinner, and one traditional South African Braai (Barbeque) under the stars
- Airport transfers and pickup from CT International Airport, or from a hotel/lodge in Cape Town every second Sunday.
- All transport to the modules with refreshments in the bus
- 24/7 support from our committed intern manager
- Photography training by Accredited SA Pro Photographers including full mentorship
- Modules: Monday – Friday, 08h00-17h00, with some days starting earlier to include a sunrise or an activity – the same applies to the evenings
- Activities and entrance fees
- Wifi at The Intern Houses
- Tripods, lights and microphones for use during the program
WHAT IS EXCLUDED?
- Dinner – additional snacks and refreshments
- Night-time and weekend activities
- Additional transport outside of workshop times
- Camera and computer equipment (you are welcome to hire these should you need)
- Personal laundry
- Emergency medical evacuations
- Visas, medical and travel insurance
- All Flights
- An upgrade on Accommodation (options available through ‘Bookings and Enquiries’ button)
- Stay for another 2 weeks at only $1850.00
Bring or refer a friend and receive a 5% discount.
Once we have received your booking form, we will send you our detailed program guide.
Once we have received your application we will confirm availability and invoice you.
- First Instalment:
- A $500.00 deposit is required to secure your place/s. This counts as a part payment to the tuition fee.
- Second Instalment:
- The balance is payable in full 6 weeks prior to your program start date.
All payments are payable via Pay Pal or Bank Transfer
- The $500.00 deposit to secure your place is non-refundable under any circumstances whatsoever.
- Cancellations within 4 weeks of your start date: No refund will be issued.
- Cancellations more than 4 weeks before your start date: 50% refund will be issued on the second instalment – less any expenses incurred
- If a booking date has to move due to Covid19, – no problem! You can do so at no additional cost, and will not sacrifice your deposit.
Our Intern Manager, Hannelie, will help you with any questions. She can be contacted through:
Phone and Whatsapp: +27 (0) 83 293 7208